Friday, July 17, 2009

Finished 1st Mosaic of Book!!

Today I finished the first of the mosaics for my children's book - woo hoo! It is 15x24" and will be the first 2 pages of the book. It took me almost 70 hours, which is close to what I estimated, so I'm happy. What surprised me was that I was able to put in mostly 4-7 hour days, despite it being summer and having my son home with me. Although it took exactly 4 weeks, I worked only 18 days of it (due to vacation or simply needing a day off!). Imagine if I were to work completely uninterrupted! I could be done in 7 months! So that's not gonna happen. Moving on...

Here is a teensy peek at the mosaic. I know it isn't much at all, but this particular mosaic gave me little to share because any part of it gives too much away on what the story is about. I promise to share more with the next mosaic!!

Unfortunately I won't get started on it for maybe a month as I have a mosaic puzzle piece to make for Lin Schorr's collaborative jigsaw puzzle mural, as well as a commission I just got yesterday for a cat and a horse. I'm really excited to start the next 2 pages of the book (there will be people in it and that will be my greatest challenge for this project), but I'm happy to still be making money, too. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Christine. I know the book will be wonderful. Also congrats on the commission pieces, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Christine.

    I can't wait to be one of the first
    purchasers of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so curious Christine to see more of what you are doing in you book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the book project! This is exciting. Followed your flickr post to read your blog. Now I must follow via google.

    ReplyDelete