Last week I finished all of the changes I wanted to make on the book. Most were small, but I did have to make some big ones, too, but the book is going to be so much better because of them.
So I have now begun the process of getting the mosaics, which are currently on fiberglass mesh, onto wedi board. Since they are 15x24", they are quite flexible and floppy as I didn't use a lot of glue originally. I wanted to be able to make changes easily so only applied one or two dots of glue onto each piece. In the past, I would cut the mesh in the middle and separate the mosaic into two pieces for easier handling. However, there is some very odd cutting of glass, including long horizontal pieces, so it was impossible to cut the mesh without it being weirdly shaped and even more difficult to handle, not to mention dislodging glass in the process.
I have 15 mosaics to prep before grouting: trimming the mesh and painting the backs with glue, and then measuring and cutting the wedi, adding the hangers, and then thinsetting the edges of the board. Whew! A lot of work just to be ready to grout. There needs to be drying time, too, so while some are in various stages of drying, I am prepping others. I will probably start grouting tomorrow, can't wait!!