Monday, May 21, 2018

GVAA Artist Studio Tour

Art by Christine Brallier
 
This weekend I participated for the first time in the annual Goleta Art Studio Tour where members of the Goleta Valley Art Association (GVAA) open their studio doors to the public to share and sell their art.

Art by Christine Brallier
This year more than 20 artists participated at five locations. I was grouped with three wonderful artists, Marie Arnold and Judy and Warner Nienow, at Marie's home. Marie showed her fabulous abstracts in acrylics as well as her super adorable knitted cactus pin cushions!

Art by Marie Arnold
Art by Marie Arnold

Marie Arnold and her knitted cacti
Judy brought her beautifully expressive animal paintings and still lifes in oils and Warner, his wonderful atmospheric urbanscapes, nocturnes and still lifes in oils.

Art by Judy Nienow
Art by Judy Nienow

Judy Nienow and her art
 
Art by Warner Nienow

Art by Warner Nienow
 
Warner Nienow and his art
 
My artwork included some of my stained glass mosaics, my newest paintings, and a few embroideries.

Art by Christine Brallier
Art by Christine Brallier

We had a steady stream of visitors with lively conversation about art, cacti, travel, and more art! I made many new friends and sold one of my mosaics (thanks Warner and Judy!) as well as some of my books and cards.

Sold! To the Nienows

I haven't been very active with GVAA for the past few years, but I am excited about participating much more this year and in the coming years!

No comments:

Post a Comment