Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Work

This mosaic was created for the mosaic salon at the upcoming SAMA conference in Lexington, KY, where it will hopefully be sold to the highest bidder!  It is 7 3/4 x 8" and was made with stained glass, millefiori and fused glass which I bought from Helios Glass at last year's SAMA conference.  The original design was of the cat playing with a ball, but when I started adding the spots to the cat, I thought it would be fun to have one of his spots falling off.  I titled it, Now How Did That Happen?

P.S.  Just finished my design for book mosaic #12 and am laying glass on it today!!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the newsletter! I am going to miss out on Sama this year, but I look forward to getting your next newsletter so I can get an update on the community project...good luck, it will be great I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having the cat's spot fall off is genius! Very clever. Another gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rebecca!! So bummed you won't be at SAMA. I'll be sure to post tons of photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comments, Dianne!

    ReplyDelete