Monday, April 1, 2013

Children's Book Update

For the last few weeks I've been making many changes to the earlier mosaics in my book (ones I made four years ago!) The first three are done, twelve more to go. Although as I get further into the book, there will be fewer changes.  The earliest ones have the most.  Here are some examples of what I've been doing:

I went through the entire book and looked at all of the mosaics of Raymi to make sure her markings and colorings were consistent.  I had to change the left front leg on this one.

Here, I changed Raymi's face, darkened the back leg, and took out the sky that was crazy paving and redid it.  I hardly cut in crazy paving anymore, so it didn't fit the later parts of the book!

In this one, the frame needed to be bigger so I added the dark border and raised the whole picture up. Made a couple small changes, like the inside of the vase and the mille on the bowl. Also redid the entire wall that was crazy paving, so all of the walls would be consistent throughout the book.

I'm really enjoying making these changes, because the book is looking more and more like my mosaics of today, not four years ago!